top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is FAA Part 107?

A: FAA Part 107 is a set of rules in the Code of Federal Regulations for operating a drone commercially in the U.S. It is also the certification drone pilots must have before they can legally offer professional drone services.

Q: Do I really need a licensed drone operator for my project?

A: YES! As stated above, the Federal government requires anyone flying a drone commercially to have taken the requisite courses and obtained the FAA Part 107 license before undertaking ANY projects, no matter how big or small.

Q: What kind of drone do you use?

A: I currently utilize the EXO Blackhawk 2 Pro.  The Blackhawk 2 Pro boasts a 48 megapixel 1/1.3 inch CMOS camera, 4k video, and three-way obstacle avoidance.

Q: Are you available for projects not listed on the website?

A: Absolutely! I'm always eager to quote custom projects and find a way to make your vision a reality. Submit a contact form here with your details and I'll be happy to work with you on your unique project.

Q: How far will you travel for a project?

A: It varies.  I am based in Western North Carolina, so I typically cover the areas in and around Ashe and Watauga counties.  That being said, I am more than willing to quote projects outside of this (an extra travel fee would be included).

bottom of page